IRA Charitable Rollover
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further the mission of your favorite qualified nonprofit. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue the work of your favorite nonprofit and take advantage of a tax-free benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization;
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year;
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions;
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts; and
- Help further the work and mission of a qualified charitable organization.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to establish or add to an existing endowment fund to benefit the qualified nonprofit of your choice.
- Let us know how you want the endowment fund named and if it is for the nonprofit's general operations or for a specific purpose.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts can not be placed into a donor advised fund.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.